I’m always asked what can i do to save time, or what shortcuts can i use to make basic tasks quicker, day to day i would use the copy, cut and paste commands (control c, control x and control v) or to switch between programs (windows & tab or alt & tab). The other usual ones would be to save (control s in most applications), control p (you guessed it, print).
Ive also found that 100% of customers who i recommend multiple monitors will refuse to go back to a single monitor setup after fully utilizing multiple monitors.
The following are good tricks in saving time in windows 7, although most of them will work with windows vista and windows xp.
- Win+Left Arrow and Win+Right Arrow: Lock a window to the left or the right of your screen
- Win+Shift+Left Arrow and Win+Shift+Right Arrow: Move a window from one monitor to another, keeping them in the same position to the monitor’s top-left origin.
- Win+Up Arrow and Win+Down Arrow: Maximize window currently open
- Win+E: Opens Windows Explorer / My Computer.
- Win+D: display the desktop.
- Win+F: Open windows search
- Win+L: Locks the computer.
- Win+Space: Use “Aero Peek” to see any gadgets or icons you’ve got on your desktop.
- Win+R: Opens Run.
- Ctrl+(mouse scroll wheel): Zoom in or out
- Alt+P: Show/hide the preview pane.
- Win+P: Display the project options, which you can then use the arrow keys (or keep hitting Win+P) to switch to the different options.